Dear PRO-GEN user,
A new PRO-GEN version 3.0b has been released. Many new functions have been
implemented since version 3.0a. The most important new functions are listed on this page.
New in PRO-GEN 3.0b
- Bugs in the 3.0a version are fixed. Many of these fixes were already available on the PRO-GEN homepage.
- PRO-GEN can now be used in a DOS-windows with Windows ME, 2000 and XP.
- Installation of patches and updates over the Internet is now much easier.
- The new report Pedigree circular chart is now standard available in 3.0b.
- A new report "family book" has been added to report a genealogical survey of a village-population.
- A list-report will enlarge the columns automatically when there is more room available on the page.
- A new list containing birth, last marriage and death has been added.
- Pedigree-charts can now be made using RTF-format for MS-WORD.
- A privacy option has been added to the regular text-reports. You can configure three years from which births, marriages and deaths should be protected. You have the option to skip the dates entirely or only mention the year. Ages, Birth/Death time, Addresses and Religion will also be skipped.
- RTF-text reports for MS-WORD have been enhanced with configurable fontsize, index in two columns, document-properties.
- RTF-text reports are now suitable for WORD 2000.
- HTML-reports for your homepage can now be split into multiple small pages that are linked together.
- File-extensions will automatically be supplied with output to disk.
- After file-output in HTML, PDF or RTF format the resulting file will be opened in the associated Windows program (Internet browser, Acrobat Reader or MS-Word).
- With the ALT-F1 key you can now view any associated Windows file; for instance photos, movies and sound.
- In the relationchart different characters will be used to differentiate between civil marriage, church marriage and divorce.
- When entering a 'bef.', 'after' or 'about' date the warning message will no longer appear.
- A set of marked records can now be deleted with CTRL-DEL.
- A new fileformat PG30GB-2.DEF has been added in which field for witnesses are added to the Birth and Death section.
The PRO-GEN 3.0b CD-ROM
The PRO-GEN 3.0b CD-ROM contains the English, Dutch and German PRO-GEN versions, the 'Acrobat Reader' and software for the selection of the correct CODEPAGE.
From the English version the program-texts and menus have been translated, but the documentation and the example-file must still be translated (any help is appreciated; please E-mail me).
How to order PRO-GEN 3.0b
PRO-GEN 3.0b is a free download for PRO-GEN 3.0a users. The existing license data of your 3.0a version can be used to register 3.0b.
If you rather have a new CD-ROM, or if you are a user of an earlier PRO-GEN version, then you can order the new version for a reduced fee of 15 Euro.
Please submit the 15 Euro to ABN-AMRO bank-account 18.104.22.1683 in The Netherlands on behalf of J.Mulderij.
Please mention your PRO-GEN license number and your name in the description.
If you encounter any problems with installing or using PRO-GEN, please visit
the PRO-GEN homepage : www.pro-gen.nl or contact the authors.
Johan Mulderij & Dinant Scholte in 't Hoff